Answered By: Aziz Aboueleinin Last Updated: Sep 02, 2020 Views: 65
We are pleased to offer Book Pickup @ Porter service for University of Waterloo faculty, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students who have critical research needs. We are working to expand the service to non-critical needs and to undergraduates by the end of the summer.
The service is currently limited to print materials from Dana Porter and Davis Centre libraries that show in Omni as ‘Available’ and where a digital version is not readily available
How it works
1. Place a request:
- Use the library catalogue to locate the Porter or Davis item
- Sign in using your WatIAM credentials
- Faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students will see two options, Request print pickup and Request a digitized chapter/article/excerpt
- Select Request print pickup to access the request form
- Add a Needed By date and Comment if desired
- Submit. You will see a “Your request was successfully placed” message and also be able to see your request in your Omni library account
2. Select a pickup time:
- You will receive notification for each print item that is available for pickup
- The notification will include a link to the pickup time schedule
- Select the link and sign in using your WatIAM credentials
- Choose the next available pickup day and select a time slot that works for you:
- Pickup slots start at the top of the hour and extend until 45 minutes past the hour. Ex. 13:00 – 13:45 is the pickup window
- Please note that there are 10 slots per hour
- Only one time slot is needed to collect ALL available items
- You may designate someone else to pickup on your behalf
3. Pickup your request:
- Pickups begin on Friday, June 26. Anticipating heavy use of this service this week, pickup times are available from 9 – noon and 1 – 4 pm. Pickups in subsequent weeks will also be on Fridays at minimum from 1 – 3 pm. Depending on volume, more time slots and dates will be made available.
- pickup will be located just outside the main doors of the Dana Porter Library. Instructions for managing pickups while maintaining physical distancing will be emailed when your items are ready.
- There will be a one-way path setup to ensure social distancing. Please enter via the east stairs facing the Grad House. Markings will be placed on the ground to ensure a minimum distance of 2 metres between patrons. The exit will be down the stairs in front of the main doors.
- Parking Lot HV along ring road is currently free and open to all. Bicycle racks are available in front of the Library
Get help with your request
What if I have questions about Book Pickup @ Porter service that are not answered here?
Please use our Ask us service.